Arts Organizations & Arts Programs (AOAP) Track
Note: PCA staff members are available to assist applicants up to and including the due date, but not after. Furthermore, PCA staff will not contact applicants about completing or clarifying information in the application for this track.
Activity Period: September 1 - August 31. All funded activities must take place during this time period.
There is no cap on award amounts. Awards must be matched dollar-for-dollar in cash.
AOAP track supports qualified applicants who provide artistic programming and/or art services in Pennsylvania.
The features of AOAP:
- Full application every three years, interim application in the off years. Note: FY2018-2019 is an off year.
- Application based on past two years' performance.
- Formula funding.
The AOAP Track is divided into two groups, A and B, based on the when the Full Application is due.
- Art Museums
- Arts in Education Organizations
- Arts Service Organizations
- Folk and Traditional Arts
- Local Arts
- Media Arts
- Music-All Disciplines
- Presenting Organizations
- Visual Arts
- Transition from Entry Track, PPA Program Stream or Preserving Diverse Cultures.
- An average fiscal size of more than $200,000.
- Organizations must be nonprofit, tax-exempt corporations, a unit of government; college or university; school district or non-arts nonprofit providing arts programming and/or arts services in Pennsylvania. Organizations are required to provide proof of incorporation and activity in Pennsylvania before applications are reviewed or funds awarded.
Unless otherwise specified in the guidelines, PCA awards must be matched on a dollar-for-dollar basis in cash. In-kind goods and services may not be used to match PCA funds.
The PCA generally will support no more than 25% of a program or organizational budget, and usually considerably less.
In general, the PCA does not fund the following, nor can the match for PCA funds be used for these expenses:
- Capital expenditures, including equipment costing $500 per item or more.
- Activities for which academic credit is given.
- Activities that have already been completed.
- Activities that have a religious purpose.
- Performances and exhibitions not available to the general public.
- Performances and exhibitions outside Pennsylvania.
- Cash prizes and awards.
- Benefit activities.
- Hospitality expenses -- i.e. receptions, parties, gallery openings.
- Payments to lobbyists.
How To Apply
2018-2019 Interim Year AOAP Guidelines (PDF)
Step 1: Read the 2018-2019 AOAP Guidelines
If you have questions about completing the interim application form, contact your program director
. Note: In 2018-2019, both Group A and Group B submit interim applications.
Regarding the Four Narrative Questions of Changes to the Staff, Programs, Financial or Governance: For longer sections of text, the PCA recommends that you compose the text in a separate word processing document and cut & paste it into the application text box. This will help prevent accidental loss of unsaved work. eGrant text boxes only allow plain text – no bold, italics, underline, bullets or font variations are supported. Use paragraph breaks to separate text sections.
Step 2: Apply online through the Electronic Single Application (ESA)
Apply online here
. The entire application and required support materials must be submitted by January 16, 2018.