Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts (PPA) Program Stream
PPA Program Stream supports qualified applicants who provide artistic programming and/or art services in Pennsylvania.
The features of Program Stream are:
- Full application every three years, interim application in the off years. Note: FY2017-2018 is an interim year.
- Application based on past two years' performance.
- Formula funding.
- Transition from Entry Track, PPA Project Stream or Preserving Diverse Cultures.
- An average fiscal size of less than $200,000.
- Organizations must be nonprofit, tax-exempt corporations, a unit of government; college or university; school district or non-arts nonprofit providing arts programming and/or arts services in Pennsylvania. Organizations are required to provide proof of incorporation and activity in Pennsylvania before applications are reviewed or funds awarded.
In general, the PCA does not fund the following, nor can the match for PCA funds be used for these expenses:
- Capital expenditures, including equipment costing $500 per item or more.
- Activities for which academic credit is given.
- Activities that have already been completed.
- Activities that have a religious purpose.
- Performances and exhibitions not available to the general public.
- Performances and exhibitions outside Pennsylvania.
- Cash prizes and awards.
- Benefit activities.
- Hospitality expenses -- i.e. receptions, parties, gallery openings.
- Payments to lobbyists.
How To Apply
2017-2018 PPA Program Stream Guidelines (PDF)
Step 1: Read the 2017-2018 AOAP Guidelines
If you have questions about completing the interim application form, contact your program director
Regarding the Four Narrative Questions of Changes to the Staff, Programs, Financial or Governance: For longer sections of text, the PCA recommends that you compose the text in a separate word processing document and cut & paste it into the application text box. This will help prevent accidental loss of unsaved work. eGrant text boxes only allow plain text – no bold, italics, underline, bullets or font variations are supported. Use paragraph breaks to separate text sections.
Step 2: Apply online through eGRANT
Apply online here
Step 3: Data collection - PCA Financial and Statistical (F&S) Report
The F&S Report collects your financial and selected non-financial information for the past two years. This form must be updated with the most recent fiscal year’s activity, submitted as an F&S From. PCA staff will then access the information it needs for the funding formula. Do not print and mail this form with your printed eGRANT application. The profile must be updated by April 1.
Step 4: Submit online and mail copies to your PPA Partner
The completed interim application must be submitted online, printed, signed by the appropriate members of your organization and printed. Mail the application to the PCA, postmarked on or before January 16, 2017.
PCA General Provisions (PDF)
PCA Additional Terms and Conditions (PDF)