Pa Council on the Arts
CITIZEN MEMBERS of the Council
- Chair -- Jeff Parks | Bethlehem
- Vice Chair -- Jeffrey W. Gabel | Gettysburg
- Susan H. Goldberg | Philadelphia
- Gayle Isa | Philadelphia
- Justin Laing | Pittsburgh
- William Lehr, Jr. | Palmyra
- Lee Steadman | McKean
- Paula A. Vitz | Red Lion
- James A. West, Jr. | Pittsburgh
- Jen Holman Zaborney | New Cumberland
LEGISLATIVE MEMBERS of the Council
The PCA is governed by a Council of 19 members - 15 private citizens and four members of the General Assembly.
Citizen members are appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate. The Council sets the mission and goals for the agency, evaluates the PCA's progress toward these goals, formulates policy, and makes final decisions on the use of funds. Citizen members serve without compensation.
From these members, the Governor appoints the chair and vice-chair of the Council, who serve at his pleasure. Citizen members are appointed to three-year terms and hold office until their successors have been appointed and confirmed.
No member is eligible for reappointment during the one-year period following the expiration of his/her second successive term. Two of the legislative members are appointed from the House of Representatives by the Speaker of the House, and two are appointed from the Senate by the President Pro Tempore.
Legislative members are selected equally from the major political parties. For the purposes of Act 538, such members of the legislature constitute a joint interim legislative committee on the arts, the Council and its appropriation.
Please send all mail for Council members in care of:
Pennsylvania Council on the Arts | 216 Finance Building | Harrisburg, PA 17120
Upcoming Council Meetings
PCA Legislative Members (1996-2016)
List of members is in alphabetical order. Bold text denotes original members.
- Representative Robert
J. Butera, Norristown (1966-1968)
- Representative Mark B. Cohen,
- Senator Joe Conti, Bucks (2007-2008)
- Senator J. Doyle Corman, Jr., Bellefonte (1977-1978)
- Senator Jay Costa, Jr., Pittsburgh (1996- 2005)
- Senator Charles Dent, Allentown (2003-2005)
- Senator Henry G. Hager, Williamsport (1979-1980 est.)
- Representative Ellen A. Harley, King of Prussia (1991-1994)
- Representative Ruth B. Harper, Philadelphia (1977-1980)
- Senator Edwin G. Holl, Lansdale (1991-2003)
- Representative June N. Honaman, Landisville (1981-1988)
- Senator Edward L. Howard, Doylestown (1971-1976, 1979-1984)
- Speaker of the House K. Leroy Irvis, Pittsburgh (1975-1976)
- Senator Robert C. Jubelirer, Altoona (1985-1990)
- Representative Marilyn S. Lewis, Schwenksville (1979-1982)
- Senator Jack E. McGregor, Pittsburgh (1966-1970)
- Senator Charles McIlhinney, Doylestown (2008-present)
- Representative H. Sheldon Parker, Jr., Pittsburgh
- Representative Tina Pickett, (2003-present)
- Senator Jeanette F. Reibman, Easton (1969-1994)
David Richardson, Jr., Germantown (1983-1994)
- Speaker of the House Matthew J.
Ryan, Media (1995-2003)
- Representative Brian Sims, Philadelphia
- Representative Charles
D. Stone, Aliquippa (1966-1968)
- Representative Joseph A. Sullivan,
- Senator Christine M. Tartaglione, Philadelphia (1995,
- Senator Charles R.
Weiner, Philadelphia (1966-1967)
- Senator Anthony Williams, Philadelphia
- Senator Gus Yatron, Reading (1967-1969)