About the Program
This capacity-building program, created and implemented by Americans for the Arts' National Arts Marketing Project and funded by the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts, aims to support, strengthen and advance the arts marketing and audience engagement skills of the commonwealth’s arts and cultural professionals.
This initiative seeks to:
- Assist Pennsylvania-based arts and cultural organizations achieve increased and engaged audiences on a consistent basis through skill-building in the areas of arts marketing and audience engagement.
- Address long-term systemic issues of declining arts participation and loyal arts audiences in Pennsylvania
- Assist arts and cultural organizations–particularly those within diverse communities–in attracting and retaining expanded audiences.
NOTE: We are currently in the process of adding virtual training opportunities to help PA arts and culture organizations navigate the unprecedented impact of the pandemic and acquire the tools and knowledge to become more sustainable in the months. Stay tuned!
2020 In-Person Training Offerings:
- Southwest | February 24-25, 2020 - Greensburg, PA
- Canceled due to COVID-19:
- Southeast | March 30-31, 2020 - Lancaster, PA --
- Northeast | May 4-5, 2020 - TBA location (Northeast PA)
- Northwest | May 18-19, 2020 - Clarion, PA
Members of Cohort 1 of the Arts Marketing and Audience Engagement in the 21st Century training initiative. These individuals represent arts and cultural organizations from the central and southeastern portions of the commonwealth.
Members of Cohort 2 of the Arts Marketing and Audience Engagement in the 21st Century training initiative. These individuals represent arts and cultural organizations from the western portion of the commonwealth.
Members of Cohort 2 participating in a group presentation during a three-day 'boot camp' training that kicked off their two-year training cycle (June 2018).
For questions about the program, contact Ruby Lopez Harper (email@example.com) or Norah G. Johnson (717-525-5549 or