Creative Communities Initiative
The Creative Communities Initiative
provides multi-year funding to community-driven, arts-based projects that serve as catalysts for livability, economic development, and community connectedness. Also called creative placemaking, projects funded through this initiative will have a demonstrated, positive impact on their respective communities.
Read the full press release (PDF) announcing the launch of the PA Creative Communities Initiative.
- Strengthen Pennsylvania communities through the arts.
- Promote PA’s communities as places people want to live, visit, work, and play.
- Support authentic, inclusive, and strong community partnerships.
- Ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Support local leadership and develop future leaders.
- Promote development and implementation of sustainable programs and projects.
- Invest in creative industries projects.
- Leverage additional sources of funding (local government, private sector, foundation).
- Cultivate innovative, community-driven projects.
- Promote the unique identities of PA’s communities.
- Create and implement best practices for project evaluations.
How to Apply