Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts (PPA) Program Stream
The PCA works with its PPA Partners to re-grant funds across Pennsylvania.
Access a full list of the PPA Regional Partners.
PPA Program Stream Description
PPA Program Stream supports qualified applicants who provide artistic programming and/or art services in Pennsylvania.
The features of Program Stream are:
- Full application every three years, interim application in the off years;
- Application based on past two years' performance;
- Formula funding.
- Transition from Entry Track, PPA Project Stream or Preserving Diverse Cultures;
- An average fiscal size of less than $200,000;
- Organizations must be nonprofit, tax-exempt corporations, a unit of government; college or university; school district or non-arts nonprofit providing arts programming and/or arts services in Pennsylvania. Organizations are required to provide proof of incorporation and activity in Pennsylvania before applications are reviewed or funds awarded.
In general, the PCA does not fund the following, nor can the match for PCA funds be used for these expenses:
- Capital expenditures, including equipment costing $500 per item or more;
- Activities for which academic credit is given;
- Activities that have already been completed;
- Activities that have a religious purpose;
- Performances and exhibitions not available to the general public;
- Performances and exhibitions outside Pennsylvania;
- Cash prizes and awards;
- Benefit activities;
- Hospitality expenses -- i.e. receptions, parties, gallery openings;
- Payments to lobbyists;
How To Apply
2018-2019 PPA Program Stream Guidelines (PDF)
Step 1: Read the 2018-2019 PPA Program Stream Guidelines
If you have questions about completing the interim application form,
contact your program director
Regarding the Four Narrative Questions of Changes to the Staff, Programs, Financial or Governance: For longer sections of text, the PCA recommends that you compose the text in a separate word processing document and cut & paste it into the application text box. This will help prevent accidental loss of unsaved work. eGrant text boxes only allow plain text – no bold, italics, underline, bullets or font variations are supported. Use paragraph breaks to separate text sections.
Apply online here
Step 2: Apply online through the Electronic Single Application (ESA)
. The entire application and required support materials must be submitted by January 16, 2018.
PCA General Provisions (PDF)
PCA Additional Terms and Conditions (PDF)