Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts (PPA) Program Stream
Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts (PPA) Program Stream supports qualified applicants that provide artistic programming and/or arts services in Pennsylvania. PPA is a partnership between local organizations and the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts (PCA). Operating in all 67 Pennsylvania counties, PPA re-grants PCA funds to support a wide variety of local and community arts activities.
- Expanding constituent access to the arts by (a) making arts programs available to communities that may have been underserved in the past by state arts funding, and (b) supporting a wide variety of arts activities in communities, developed in a variety of local settings.
- Encouraging and supporting local decision making in regranting of arts dollars.
- Increasing awareness of and advocacy for government support and funding for the arts at the local and state levels.
- Enabling the PCA to provide increased assistance to its broad constituency throughout the state.
Note: Please see current funding year application guidelines for the most up-to-date eligibility criteria.
In general, the PCA does not fund the following, nor can the match for PCA funds be used for these expenses:
- Capital expenditures, including equipment costing $500 per item or more;
- Activities for which academic credit is given;
- Activities that have already been completed;
- Activities that have a religious purpose;
- Performances and exhibitions not available to the general public;
- Performances and exhibitions outside Pennsylvania;
- Cash prizes and awards;
- Benefit activities;
- Hospitality expenses -- i.e. receptions, parties, gallery openings;
- Payments to lobbyists;
How to Apply
- For Narrative and attachment questions, contact your
regional PPA Partner.
- For technical and login questions, contact DCED's customer service at: 800-379-7448.
PCA General Provisions (PDF)