Creative Communities Initiative
The Creative Communities Initiative
provides multi-year funding to community-driven, arts-based projects that serve as catalysts for livability, economic development, and community connectedness. Also called creative placemaking, projects funded through this initiative will have a demonstrated, positive impact on their respective communities.
Download the 2021 Creative Communities letter of interest here (PDF). Deadline to submit: Friday, March 19, 2021 at 5 p.m. EST
- Strengthen Pennsylvania communities through the arts.
- Promote PA’s communities as places people want to live, visit, work, and play.
- Support authentic, inclusive, and strong community partnerships.
- Ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Support local leadership and develop future leaders.
- Promote development and implementation of sustainable programs and projects.
- Invest in creative industries projects.
- Leverage additional sources of funding (local government, private sector, foundation).
- Cultivate innovative, community-driven projects.
- Promote the unique identities of PA’s communities.
- Create and implement best practices for project evaluations.
How to Apply
For information on the application process and cycle, contact Sarah Merritt, Director of Creative Communities, via email or phone (717) 787-1521.