Arts Organizations and Arts Programs (AOAP) Track
The Arts Organizations and Arts Programs (AOAP) funding track supports qualified applicants that provide consistent levels of artistic programming and/or arts services in Pennsylvania. Activities and services generally must have a public component.
The features of AOAP:
- Application based on past performance.
- Funding parameters set by Council and applied across the applicant pool.
Activity Period: September 1 - August 31. All funded activities must take place during this time period.
- Currently funded in the AOAP Track, or transition into AOAP from Entry Track, PPA Program Stream, or Preserving Diverse Cultures, as approved by the Council.
- An average fiscal size of more than $200,000.
- Organizations must be nonprofit, tax-exempt corporations, a unit of government, or a school district providing arts programming and/or arts services in Pennsylvania. Organizations are required to provide proof of incorporation and activity in Pennsylvania before applications are reviewed or funds awarded.
AOAP awards must be matched on a dollar-for-dollar basis in cash. In-kind goods and services may not be used to match PCA funds. The PCA generally will support no more than 25% of a program or organizational budget, and usually considerably less.
Grant funds cannot be used for any of the following:
- Activities outside the grant award agreement performance period.
- Activities that have a religious purpose.
- Payments to lobbyists.
- Cash prizes and awards.
- Benefit activities.
Unless authorized by the Council, grant funds cannot be used for any of the following:
- Hospitality expenses.
- Capital expenditures, including equipment costing $500 per item or more.
- Performances and exhibitions not available to the general public.
How To Apply
Step 1: Read the 2020-2021 AOAP Instructions and the Update Application in their entirety. Note: All AOAP programs will be applying with the Update Application.
Step 3: Submit online by January 15, 2020.
No hard copies are required.
Additional application due date information can be found
For technical and login questions, contact DCED customer service: 800-379-7448.
For questions about content and attachments, contact one of these PCA staff members: