Arts Organizations and Arts Programs (AOAP) Track
The Arts Organizations and Arts Programs (AOAP) funding track supports qualified applicants that provide artistic programming and/or art services in Pennsylvania.
The features of AOAP:
- Application based on past two years' performance;
- Formula funding.
Note: PCA staff members are available to assist applicants up to and including the due date, but not after. PCA staff will not contact applicants about completing or clarifying information in the application for this track.
Activity Period: September 1 - August 31. All funded activities must take place during this time period.
Award Amounts: There is no cap on award amounts. Awards must be matched dollar-for-dollar in cash.
- Transition from Entry Track, PPA Program Stream or Preserving Diverse Cultures;
- An average fiscal size of more than $200,000;
- Organizations must be nonprofit, tax-exempt corporations, a unit of government; college or university; school district or non-arts nonprofit providing arts programming and/or arts services in Pennsylvania. Organizations are required to provide proof of incorporation and activity in Pennsylvania before applications are reviewed or funds awarded.
Unless otherwise specified in the guidelines, PCA awards must be matched on a dollar-for-dollar basis in cash. In-kind goods and services may not be used to match PCA funds. The PCA generally will support no more than 25% of a program or organizational budget, and usually considerably less.
In general, the PCA does not fund the following, nor can the match for PCA funds be used for these expenses:
- Capital expenditures, including equipment costing $500 per item or more;
- Activities for which academic credit is given;
- Activities that have already been completed;
- Activities that have a religious purpose;
- Performances and exhibitions not available to the general public;
- Performances and exhibitions outside Pennsylvania;
- Cash prizes and awards;
- Benefit activities;
- Hospitality expenses -- i.e. receptions, parties, gallery openings;
- Payments to lobbyists;
How To Apply
Step 1: Read the 2019-20 AOAP Application Guidelines in their entirety. Note: All AOAP programs will be applying with the Interim application for 2019-20.
Apply online here
Step 2: Apply online through the Electronic Single Application (ESA)
Application due date information can be found